My Work From Home Desk Setup

In this post, let's go through my work from home desk setup. Excited!! 😎 

When you have to sit in front of your desk for almost the entire day, having the right setup and peace of mind is mandatory and even it eases the tasks in hand, where you are not distracted by other things going in the  house. This lockdown is made us realize that at least the Software and Tech industry can be operated over VPN and have the same productivity. 

I always wanted to have my dream desk setup and this lockdown just gave me enough time to think and get all the items needed to setup my work from home. Except for the desk and chair, I ordered everything from Amazon and didn't leave my house. 


So lets start with the desk setup:

Desk

I have a very simple desk, which have iron legs to hold at least 20 - 25 kg of weight. Also, the desk should have enough space for the items to be placed like monitor, laptop, keyboard, mouse. The length for my desk is 35.5 inch and width is 25 inch. It is just enough to place my 32 inch curved monitor, my notebooks and the usual. The height is 30 inch which is normal size for any desk. I don't took the picture when the desk came in but it is almost the same as shown in the below image. I bought this at ₹4000 from a local store near my house.


Chair

This is the place where most of my time is spent. It should be movable, can be rotated and most importantly should be comfortable enough to spent for longer hours. The back support is the most important aspect for the chairs and should be considered even if you have to put some extra money in. I got the mixture of all these in around ₹4,000 from a local store near my house.


I got the table and chair from the local store because the one on Amazon is overly priced and I am not sure about the quality as well. So if you get the chance to buy from local store better go for it. 

Monitor

I searched for days for a perfect monitor that is having bigger screen and in budget. I liked monitors from Samsung, Acer and LG. You can also check all the monitors under ₹20,000 on Amazon. I really liked the looks, configuration and the reviews for curved Acer 31.5 inch ED322Q. You can checkout this monitor on amazon here. I bought this monitor for ₹15,799.


It has joystick to control the menu and other configurations on this monitor. Really liked the curved huge screen size. Only disadvantage about this is, that the stereo speakers are not that loud enough to be audible sometimes. So if you are considering this for gaming, the speakers could be a deal breaker and if you have another speakers, then this is monitor should surpass all expectations. 

Keyboard/Mouse

So for the keyboards and mouse, I don't have to look for any other brand than Logitech. I already have the Logitech M235 wireless mouse and bought the Logitech K375s keyboard. The keyboard is having option to connect to 3 different devices on click of the function keys (f1, f2, f3). I liked the clicking sound and the spaces between the keys, which makes it comfortable to type. If you are using any other keyboard or in my case I was using laptop keyboard, it took some time to familiarize with the keyboard, but once sets in, its amazing to type in. The keyboard comes with a mobile stand as well, which can be useful at times, but I didn't found it to be of much use.


I bought 
  • Logitech M235 wireless mouse on amazon here for ₹799, &
  • Logitech K375s keyboard on amazon here for ₹2200. 

Extended Mouse pad

I felt this to be necessary, even though you are not a gamer. It in a way keeps the desk organized and give space for your mouse and segregate the desk properly. I bought Amazon Basics Extended Game Pad from amazon for ₹709.

Extension board

I bought the Syska extension which has the two USB ports for charging and three sockets. You can find the product here for ₹584 from Amazon.


Comments

  1. The best work from home desk setup starts in the part of the house where you choose to place your office. Your work area should be private and away from the main traffic areas in your home, in a place where you can shut the door. This allows you to keep distractions to a minimum. Additionally, there are a lot of different ways that you can work to be more active within a traditional work-space, and an office fit out can help you create an environment for your working area that promotes this type of active working style.Home Office Corner Desks UK

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment